Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bryson Moser, Kaden Hunter
Pd. 3rd
9/4/13


WordPress.com and WordPress.org


There are two options WordPress has for blogging.  The first one, WordPress.com, allows you to join other blogs or create your own.  If you decide to make your own, you have to pay a fee to use the domain name.  WordPress.org is the other option that allows much more customization.  Along with more customization, you can get domain names for free.  Wordpress also powers close to nineteen percent of web blogging.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pros: ”Customization, customization, customization!”


Cons: “Vast array of options can be complicated for less-experienced users so tread carefully,” It also costs money if you want to use the domain name.(Wordpress.com)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaden: I would consider using WordPress.org because it gives you a wide variety of customization options and costs nothing.  However, I would not use WordPress.com due to the fact you can do more on the .org version versus the .com version.  Also. WordPress.com costs money.  Why would you want to buy rights to a domain name when you can do a lot more on WordPress.org?


Bryson: I would consider using it but I would like other more accessible easy to use sites such as Blogger. I do like the customization abilities. I would like it to not cost money to use the domain name. I like that you can use both the .org and the .com features.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaden:  Linkedin Influencers:  Mostly  a business social networking site.  Only business leaders are allowed to use it.  No public access.
Blogger: Owned by google and allows some customization.  It costs nothing and you can access it from anywhere.  Also, it is a good website for basic blogging.
SquareSpace.com:  It is for use by businesses only.  It also costs money ($8) and allows only businesses to build a website or a blog if they want.  


Bryson:
LinkdIn influencers: Social networking site only for 150 prominent buisinessmen such as; Pres. Obama and .
Blogger: Not fancy or technical, basic blogging, but can be accessed from anywhere and free!!!
Squarespace.com: For buisiness adverising. Very good options but you need to pay
$8 a month for it. Not for the everyday blogger.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment